The holiday season is upon us and it is the time of the year for us to take inventory on the different aspects of our lives from throughout the year.
Could you have been more generous to others this year? If so, here are 24 ways you can finish the year strong and challenge yourself to display compassion and care for others:
24 Acts of Generosity
- Tell someone you are proud of them.
- Send an encouraging card to sick child through MakeaChildSmile.org.
- Smile and say hello to a stranger.
- Buy a co-worker lunch, coffee or a snack (or bring a friend a snack at lunch).
- Drop some extra change in “give a penny, take a penny jar”.
- Write a co-worker or friend a handwritten thank you note.
- Give someone a hug.
- Send a Thank you note or card to someone in the military LetsSayThanks.com.
- Leave 50 cents in a vending machine.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Forgive someone you have been holding a grudge against.
- Open the door for a stranger.
- Pick up liter on the ground.
- Drop an anonymous “Have a great day” card in a neighbors mailbox.
- Let a stranger ahead or you in line (driving, store, school, anywhere).
- Leave your mail carrier or garbage man a thank you note.
- Say a prayer for people you know who are sick or hurting.
- Give an extra large tip to a waiter or waitress.
- Give away books or magazines to a charity or hospital.
- Clean out toys or clothes to give to a charity.
- Spend extra time playing with your pets.
- Surprise someone in your family with helping with chores, cleaning or just a note of thanks.
- Call up a relative or friend just to say “hello”.
“Today give a stranger one of your smiles….It might be the only sunshine he sees all day….”
Share Your Story of Generosity
In what ways have you demonstrated generosity towards others this year?
In what ways were others generous towards you?
We would love to have you share your story with us so we can share it with others.