Dental Specialists of Niles is a unique dental specialty practice dedicated to creating beautiful, healthy smiles and beyond.
- We provide a holistic dentistry; an approach to dentistry that promotes your health and wellness because diseases and conditions of the mouth have a direct impact on the health of your entire body. Therefore, it’s a step beyond treating conditions of your mouth and a consciousness of your whole health, to help you become healthier and stay healthy.
- Our mission is to provide the best standard of dental care to each and every patient by applying the “Golden Rule” to dentistry. We treat our patients the way we ourselves want to be treated — with compassion, integrity and personalized treatment. We will listen to your needs, answer all of your questions and explain your options clearly.
- Our goal is to help you successfully treat periodontal disease, prevent loss of teeth and have healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime. We are dedicated to providing you exceptional results through rendering treatment with the greatest of skill using the most advanced techniques, materials and technology. Through using state of the art regeneration techniques and materials, Dr. Anasinski has succesfully saved and maintained teeth for patients with severe periodontal disease. In addition, she is skilled at replacing missing teeth with dental implants from single tooth replacement to the most complex cases reconstructing the entire oral function, to help you improve your chewing function, self confidence, and appearance.
- For your Comfort, we provide 2 comfort systems to deliver local anesthetic comfortably, the Dental Vibe, and Compudent; a computer controlled local anesthetic delivery system, and also offer sedation dentistry in a relaxed and comfortable friendly environment; Our waiting room is elegant, yet cozy and comfortable; the music is soft and the ambiance is inviting.
- We are highly recommended for our level of expertise, experience, and professionalism. Our patients have commented that they’ve never had as thorough and gentle of an examination and treatment before, and are pleased about their positive dental experience.
- Our warm and caring staff are exceptionally skilled, experienced, and are passionate about making a difference in making your treatment as comfortable as possible. We maintain high standards through advanced training in leading edge techniques and technologies to stay on the forefront of dental advancements. This expert level of care makes a difference in providing you optimal health, function and a beautiful smile.
Dr. Dorothy Anasinski
Dr. Anasinski is a Periodontist and Dental Implantologist. She completed her residency at Northwestern University and is Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago department of Postgraduate Periodontics. She is a Diplomat of the Board of Periodontology and is a Delegate to the Illinois State Dental Society. She also serves as Vice President of the North Suburban Branch of the Chicago Dental Society. She is the founder of The Greater Chicago Dental Academy, an organization she created to further the continuing dental education of dental professionals, and provides five seminars per year.
Her interest in Periodontics began when she became a Dental Hygienist in 1987. She attended Loyola Dental School of Dentistry and became a Dentist in 1993, and completed her two year Periodontal residency in 1995. Her background has enabled her to provide superb results through nonsurgical methods in treatment for periodontal / gum disease. She is also known by her patients for her kind and gentle manner.
She has lectured and written several articles on topics in Periodontology and Dental Implants, including effective non-surgical therapies, advanced techniques in regenerative and implant surgery, and periodontal plastic surgery. She is a member of the American Academy of Periodontology, Midwest Society of Periodontists, Illinois State Society of Periodontists, American Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Osseointegration, and International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Dr. Sommercorn received her Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Illinois, and her specialty certificate in Endodontics and a Master’s in Oral Biology from Northwestern University Dental School. In dental school, she graduated in the top 10% of her class. She received several awards at graduation: Best in Dental Radiology, Best in Endodontics and the Pediatric Dentistry Award.
After dental school, Dr. Sommercorn worked in private practice for several years. She then returned to school to specialize in Endodontics. She also did research that was funded in part by American Association of Endodontists and Northwestern University Medical School. She did her research in the continued development of immature roots in supplemented culture media and was chosen to present her research at the American Association of Endodontists annual meeting in New York for which she received an AAE award. Her research has been quoted many times in research and literature that followed and her culture media continues to be used in research in the development and growth of teeth outside the mouth. She is an active member of several national, state and local dental and endodontic specialty organizations that include: the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Association of Endodontists (AAE), the Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS), the Illinois Association of Endodontists (IAE), the Chicago Dental Society (CDS) and the Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club. She also is supportive of the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and various Libertyville area sports teams through donations and volunteering.
Dr. Sommercorn believes in maintaining the highest standard of care available, as if each patient is a member of her own family. All root canal procedures are done with an endodontic microscope, one-time use only files, and digital radiography.