The big day has arrived! All the planning and preparation are complete and it was all stress free right (LOL)?
How will your wedding be unique?
What are the new trends in weddings that are sweeping across the country?
The team at Dental Specialists of Niles, P.C. did some digging (no pun intended) to find out just what are the new, hot wedding trends. Enjoy our top 10 list below.
Top 10 New Wedding Trends
There is a very large part of the population that still loves a traditional wedding. However, there are some emerging wedding trends from brides that may surprise you. Here is our top 10 list:
- Goodbye sit-down dinner, hello appetizer hour. Couples are switching to a more social way of engaging with their guests post-wedding ceremony.
- Daytime wedding anyone? Daytime weddings are becoming more and more popular because they are cheaper than evening weddings. Some couples are even having evening weddings and serving breakfast.
- Fresh, locally grown organic foods are being used more and more.
- Experiential food is becoming popular like having a raw bar with chef shucking oysters for guests.
- Food trucks at weddings. This is a real fun idea, especially later in the evening after guests have had a few (hmmm) sodas.
- Ingredient bars. From custom chocolate toppings to a variety of different salts, guests are being given the ultimate in unique food selections.
- Comfort foods are making a comeback. More weddings are showcasing comfort foods such as barbecue sliders or prime rib sliders.
- Rustic themes. Weddings with a rustic theme and reception food served family-style are a very hot trend right now.
- Gatsby style weddings are popular that are featured with a garden party feel.
- Regional representation of specialized food items and drinks are extremely popular. For example lobster rolls for weddings in the New England area, or, Peach Cobbler for weddings in Georgia.
The First Dance
Have you ever seen an entrance and first dance as husband and wife like this?