This Valentine’s Day consider getting your loved one a treat that not only tastes good but is also healthy for them. Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate are an excellent alternative to traditional candies that contain higher levels of sugar and lack the overall health benefit.
Your teeth and entire body will thank you for indulging in a healthy dose of strawberries and dark chocolate. Sweet, juicy extra-large strawberries that are picked at the peak of ripeness and hand-dipped and covered with a generous layer of dark chocolate make for an elegantly and memorable gift.
Or consider a nice fruit basket, teeth whitening gift certificate, or massage instead of the traditional candy that is on the shelves of many convenience stores.
5 Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate has tremendous health benefits that can server as an excellent replacement for traditional milk chocolate candies for Valentine’s Day. For example:
- In a 100 mg bar, dark chocolate possesses 11 grams of fiber, 67% RDA of Iron, and 89% RDA of Copper!
- Dark chocolate is a powerful source of antioxidants
- Dark chocolate may reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow
- Dark chocolate raises LDL cholesterol levels
- Dark chocolate may help to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
Our entire staff at Dental Specialists of Niles, P.C. hopes that your Valentine’s Day is truly memorable and that you get to spend time with the on you love.